Want to design Arnolfini’s official Christmas card for 2019?
Deadline: 10:00am 11/11/2019
- their originality.
- public appeal.
- their fresh approach to the theme of Christmas/ ability to capture the spirit of the festive season.
There is a prize for this challenge
What we are looking for:
- Festive design celebrating the season.
- Designs that celebrate and represent UWE & Arnolfini’s creativity and diversity (particularly if the design includes people).
- With Enterprise in mind, designs that have a commercial appeal and the general public would want to purchase.
- Designs that are in line with your signature style.
- Should not include the UWE or Arnolfini logo.
- Limited run, and exclusive to UWE x Arnolfini.
- Entries should include one main design for the front cover of the card.
What should an idea include?
Specification: File resolution: High resolution 300 dpi File format for submission: JPEG File format if selected: AI, EPS, PSD or TIFF file (please bare this in mind when creating your designs, as we will need this for printing) and a high def PDF. Colour format: CMYK Christmas Card artwork print size: 148mm x 210mm (A5 size) – allow for a 3mm bleed
Terms and conditions: This competition is open to current students from all UWE faculties and departments. Final designs must be available as high resolution formats (as listed) so that UWE Enterprise can scale and print them. Designs entered must be your own original artwork, of which you hold and will maintain the copyright to. However, winning designs will be exclusively licenced to UWE for the duration of the sale of the products (Mid Nov – December 2019) The intellectual property of designs submitted but not selected will remain entirely with the students who created them. Designs should be commercially viable. The winning design will also be used across UWE Enterprise marketing and advertising materials to promote what we do as well as future competitions. You will be credited whenever image is used. UWE will manage all production and installation costs. The winning design will be sold in the Arnolfini bookshop, with all 5 shortlisted designs selling through the UWE and Arnolfini online shop. With all proceeds from physical and online sales going to two Bristol based homelessness charities, 16-25 Independent People and Caring in Bristol.