ahs is one of the largest departments at the University of Bath. Covering everything from student accommodation and campus bars and eateries to guest accommodation, conferences and events, the department is extremely varied – and our design needs and campaigns are too. One day you might be developing our summer long guest accommodation campaign or working on a cross outlet food promotion and the next you might be designing the staff handbook. Whatever the task, we are committed to continually engaging our audiences and constantly evolving to keep up with the changing world around us.
For this role you will need considerable experience working from initial brief all the way through to project implementation. You’ll also have a solid understanding of print and production processes and requirements as you’ll be handling this side of things too. We are always looking to save money and minimise our impact on the environment, so this should be at the front of your mind with all we do.
You will be the central point of contact for all the department’s design requirements, so you’ll be expected to regularly engage with a range of people across the department, building effective relationships along the way. Although well practiced working within brand guidelines, you won’t be afraid of trying new things and pushing boundaries.
Highly creative, thorough and organised, an inquisitive mind and an exceptional attention to detail is a must. You’ll always be on the lookout for inspiration and always keen to improve. Positive, proactive and quick thinking, you won’t be afraid of extremely tight deadlines and working under pressure. It goes without saying that you must have strong time management skills and remain adaptable and flexible at all times.
Here are some of the benefits of working here:
- A generous pension scheme
- Up to 26 days annual leave per year, 8 banks holidays and 5 extra discretionary days
- We close over the Christmas break but you’re still paid for this time off
- Regular awards for shining stars, from £20 Love2Shop vouchers up to annual awards of £750
- A commitment to the wellbeing of our teams, with mindfulness sessions, fitness boot camps and free health checks
- Great staff social events
- A staff suggestion scheme
- The chance to develop, with many training courses and job shadowing opportunities
- Up to 20 hours a year personal development time for fitness classes, training, volunteering and charity work
- Tax savings through salary exchange schemes on child care vouchers.
Full Job Description – https://www.bath.ac.uk/jobs/Vacancy.aspx?ref=KN5757R