Stuart Croft was an innovator whose film practice involved narrative circularity, appropriation and the language of genre cinema.
The Stuart Croft Foundation is dedicated to supporting moving image artists and filmmakers to test new ideas and take risks with both form and content. Applicants are particularly encouraged to experiment with narrative and propose distinct and inventive proposals.
One award of £5,000 is available for the production of a new film/moving image artwork.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR:
– Artists moving image (for gallery/cinema/site specific/other)
– Short fiction film production
– Short documentary production
– Visual essays
– UK-based projects
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR:
– Applicants that have graduated within the two years from a higher education or post-graduate course
– Student productions
– Festivals or conferences
– Group exhibitions or community projects
– Educational or research activity
– Residencies or travel
– Publications and catalogues
– Projects taking place outside the UK
– Please note that other SCF award strands may fund some of the above.
Applicants must be UK residents.
Applicants can only apply to one award strand in any given year.
We advise that successful applicants complete their projects within one year of receiving funding.
The deadline for all applications is midnight (BST), 31st May 2018.