An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and passionate Junior Graphic Designer to join a vibrant, industry leading media company in central London.
This exceptional graphic designer will join our busy multi-disciplinary design team, and will be responsible for designing all event collateral such as:
- Logos and branding
- Signage – print & digital
- Print and web adverts
- Social media artwork
- Website layout design (with opportunity of further web design training)
There is also opportunity to work on large coffee table publications, annual reports and significant print publications.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong, clean and modern approach to design and express their interest, knowledge and skills in branding, print and web design. They will have the ability and confidence to work on projects from concept stage to final delivery, have the ability to work well as part of a team and build productive working relationships with fellow colleagues. Being proactive and confident in their communication of ideas and design is required and a thorough working knowledge of Adobe CC programmes including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is essential. Adobe after effects and knowledge of motion design is an advantage.
Working in a small team will mean more responsibility and will provide an incredible platform for progression and creative freedom. This role is ideal for graduate candidates who are keen to learn fast and ready to take on responsibility. A degree and relevant experience in a graphic design position is essential. Six months to a year’s experience is preferred.
Purpose of the role:
- To support the execution of marketing activity for the insurance and wider businesses
- Help build reputation and external perception of brands
- Create innovative artwork to help grow awareness and sales for all businesses
- Improve user experience of digital journeys to build customer experience
- Ensure consistent brand approach between all areas of digital experience from email campaigns to websites
- Assist the wider business with internal comms approach and professionalism of corporate materials.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects, managing urgent requests and longer projects
- Create artwork for emails, social media, websites, presentations and print.
- Work within a variety of creative disciplines from photo-editing, to infographics, iconography and illustration.
- Challenge briefs, by consulting marketing leads to ensure designs reflect each clients’ goals and effectively engage their audiences.
- Ability to communicate and present ideas to a range of stakeholders
- Stay on-top of digital trends to inspire creative, marketing and development teams
- Develop an understanding of UX principles and integrate these into our workflow.
- Enhance digital advertisements (and social media) by incorporating motion
- Support web development team by updating content and creating prototypes for new pages
Desirable for the role:
- Experience – Working with some degree of autonomy in an in-house or agency design team.
- Skills – Highly computer literate, advanced knowledge of key Adobe software
- Qualifications – Any advanced qualification that shows continuing development, for example UX, copy-writing, web design or marketing related.
- Portfolio – Show breadth of work across a variety of print and digital assets and designs
Further Information: https://eldoninsurance.co.uk/careers/vacancies/digital-designer/
Ginkgo Projects are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to work on delivering a large public commission in Amesbury/Stonehenge. They would also be involved in delivering some other projects at Ginkgo.
This would be approximately one day a week for about a year (overall fee of £7200) on a freelance basis with quite a flexible approach to fit in with the ebb and flow of this project. The Amesbury/Stonehenge project should be complete by late spring 2019.
This would ideally suit someone with some project management experience although this is not essential if they bring enthusiasm and a common sense approach! This might be someone with their own practice, part time employment or study that they could fit this round. It will involve working with artists and communities, so someone who enjoys working with people would be good.
This is not an artist role and would involve desk based work, meetings and some travel to oversee project delivery where necessary. Access to a car would be ideal. It is important that this person is self-reliant and can work independently as well as in a team. Some time may be spent working from home, some in the Ginkgo office and some on site as appropriate.
Deadline: 21 March / Person appointed by 4th April Application by letter of interest and CV.
Graphic and Digital Designer for Avon Fire & Rescue Service.
Avon Fire & Rescue Service are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Graphic and Digital Designer to join their team and provide graphic and digital design expertise across a wide range of visual media.
Based at: Service Headquarters, Valley Road, Portishead, Bristol
Hours: 22 hours (3 days per week)
Salary: Hay 8, £14,374 to £15,948
Further Information: Full Advert & Job Description
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Designer with 1-2 years digital/graphic design experience to join a creative agency based at The Fire Station in Bedminster, Bristol.
About Hide the Shark
Hide the Shark is a small but perfectly formed agency that punches above its weight. We are looking for an ambitious and creative individual to work with us on a range of diverse projects and integrated campaigns – from digital to print, brand, advertising, video and motion graphics.
The right Junior Designer will support the production of creative campaigns for clients, ranging from responsive websites, creative online content, client literature, branding and advertising. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to work towards the next step in their career.
Are you the right fit?
– Minimum of 1-2 years` experience within a similar Junior Designer role, working for design, brand or creative agency
– Experience of core Adobe CC packages including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
– Experience of Premiere Pro, After Effects, Lightroom and XD packages (desirable but not essential)
– Able to apply strong core design skills to a diverse range projects
– Able to produce creative well-crafted design with good attention to detail
– Able to liaise with key clients on smaller projects
– Able to take direction and support more senior staff in the delivery of larger projects
£19,000 – £22,000 per annum depending on experience
Full Time Fixed Term Contract (12 months) with flexibility for extending the role.
Workplace Pension with Legal & General.
If you would like to apply please send an email outlining why you would be perfect for the role and a link to your portfolio of work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 5pm, Friday 26 January 2018
Interviews to be held: Thursday 1 & Friday 2 February 2018
Enrol Yourself is expanding to new regions in 2018 with support from the Our Place in the World award (a collaboration between OPITW, UnLtd and Innovation RCA). We’re looking for two self-starting mobilisers to join us on our mission to redesign lifelong learning by harnessing the power of peer groups. Your task will be to connect and activate a peer group in your local area, supporting them through our six month programme.
Role: Learning Facilitator
Location: Open call – anywhere in the UK
Contract: 9 months, part-time, approximately 30 days commitment
Fee: £4500 (paid in monthly instalments)
Benefits: You will get a free place on a training course which will prepare you to initiate, recruit and deliver a peer group, and you will have support from the other Enrol Yourself facilitators along the way. You are also encouraged to participate in the peer group alongside the participants, free of charge.
Further Information – https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/6c8614_9142b611f2f6499d9e6fa9d28f3f5d07.pdf?index=true