Handy Tandra, a student from the University of the West of England, came top in the Best Student Book category at the 2017 British Book Design and Production Awards, winning a £500 cheque and the opportunity to complete an internship in the industry for his book Kanye. Alice Robinson was also highly commended in the same category. Our students were two of the seven short listed finalists. Congratulations! A great achievement for UWE Graphic Design BA.
FET Enterprise project would like to arrange a series of fun extra- curricular activates that develop a “can-do” confidence in their students.
FET Enterprise project is centred upon ensuring that our students not only have the technical knowledge and skills associated with their chosen subject but also possess enterprising skills. We seek to equip our students with the skills, experiences and aspirations they need to succeed not only at work but in life. Enterprising skills are those which support decision making through application of: creativity; innovation; problem solving; collaboration; group / team working; networking; risk taking; effective communication; critical analysis; and judgement. We want to form more effective individuals by developing a “can-do” confidence in our students.
In this exercise/ competition you are invited to design a logo to embed the elements of this initiative
· The logo should be in high resolution with minimum 300 DPI.
· The logo should be designed on a digital platform.
· The winner of the competition shall be required to submit the design in an editable and open file format.
· The logo should be usable on the website/social media such as Twitter/Facebook
· Logo should be designed in colour
· The winning design of the logo would be the intellectual property of the University of the West of England, Bristol the winner cannot exercise any right over it, after acceptance of the prize.
The deadline is: 18/12/2017
Email all entries/artwork to Ramion Amali