Opportunities for New Talent illustrators…
Did you create an exceptional illustration in 2019?
Be Ambitious, Be Seen, Be Celebrated by entering your most exciting projects into the World Illustration Awards 2020!
Benefits for students of entering WIA2020:
- A generous cash prize £1,000 sponsored by Winsor & Newton is on offer for the Overall New Talent Winner.
- Exclusively for New Talent entrants, we’re bringing back the SAA Agents Award for New Talent, which comes with a package of mentoring and trial representation, for a second year running.
- Having an award-winning graduate of your course can be a great story to tell prospective students.
- WIA provides an affordable platform to engage with the industry on a global scale. Celebrate your students’ most exciting illustration projects by entering them into WIA, an affordable, respected and highly visible platform for global illustration.
- We have 10 New Talent Category Winner awards and highly commended accolades up for grabs.
How WIA supports the industry:
- The World Illustration Awards have a global reach, championing illustrators at all stages of their careers.
- The Awards highlight the creative and commercial importance of illustration today.
- Entering the Awards is a great professional development opportunity and a fantastic way for new talent to be seen and discovered by commissioners from across the world.
What can you enter?
- You can enter an unlimited number of entries into our 10 categories which reflect the breadth of illustration being made today.
- If you are a college member of The AOI you will automatically get a 20% discount on an unlimited number of entries. If your students are members, they also get a 20% discount on entries they submit themselves.
- Categories include Commercial Publishing, Book Covers, Advertising and Design, Product and Packaging, plus many more!
- Illustration in any medium and any format is eligible.
- Projects can include college coursework, live briefs, portfolio work, self initiated projects and degree show work.
The World Illustration Awards are now open for entries until 18 February 2020.
Presented by the Association of Illustrators (AOI) in partnership with USA-based Directory of Illustration, the Awards build on the AOI’s 45-year tradition of competitions, and will be presented in a refreshed format for 2020.
The Awards are open to work by professional and new talent illustrators living and working in any country.
How to enter
Applications can be made via the online form on the AOI website. More information and guidance can be found here: theaoi.com/world-illustration-awards
Competition Hashtags: #WIA2020 and #WorldIllustrationAwards