For the purposes of the data protection legislation, we are the ‘data controller’ of any personal data we collect from you – that means that we are responsible for it, and controls the processing of it..
We use your data to provide and licence fonts and related information to you, keep you informed of our services and activities, and to meet and enforce our legal obligations.
Generally, we do not give your information to third parties, but there may be some exceptions where we use external service providers to power our operations.
We are happy to answer your questions about any of this – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, email) if your business or organisation places an order for one of our fonts. We will also collect your contact details if you get in touch with any questions about our fonts. We will also collect any feedback you give us about your experiences with our fonts.
How we use your personal data
We use the personal information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to help us identify you and any order you or your business or organisation has placed with us;
- administration of your licence and related billing and support queries, including emailing you details of any licence you purchase;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis (this is carried out on an aggregated anonymised basis so that the resulting analysis does not identify you personally);
- (if you have consented to it) marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- defend any claims against us, or enforce our licensing terms for our fonts; and
- improving our website and the service we provide.
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may contact you by email about our services or activities that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’, below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Our hosting partner, Tophost srl. They host our website and the databases that may contain personal data that you provide to us.
- We also share your information with our professional advisers (such as our accountants), and with others that we use to comply with our tax and legal obligations.
- If we sell our business, we will provide your personal information to the business that buys it.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted by PayPal using SSL technology.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email us at email@example.com
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any licence order reference numbers, if you have them.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email.
How long your personal information will be kept
- Payment and Transaction data: we will retain this as long as needed for the purposes of meeting our tax and accounting obligations.
- Name and email addresses: we will keep this for 2 years following your last interaction with us.
Persons Under the Age of 18
Our website and our fonts are not intended for those under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from people under 18 years of age.
We do not collect any ‘special categories of data’ about you – this includes details about your race or ethnicity , religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process;
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log on each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time, when we do we will inform you via email where appropriate.
Legal Bases for Processing
We use a number of different legal bases for processing your data. Further details on each of them are set out here.
Legitimate Interest – This means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business and our font licensing business to enable us to give you the best service and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract: This means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract between us and you (that is, licensing our fonts and typefaces to you) or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation: In some cases, we will process your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Consent: where we use your consent as the basis for processing your data, this means your affirmative, informed consent. We use this as a basis if and when we send you promotional material.